Friday, December 26, 2008

The first of many

ALRIGHT! So we've finally moved into the 21st century and we have a blog! I worry about this because now there's a venue for all of my dirty laundry to be aired out in cyperspace but at the same time it's a great way to keep those of you who actually care apprised as to the happenings for la familia Vaughn.

ANYWAY...We went down to South Texas to visit family for a few days just before Christmas and it was pretty cool. However, for the first time for me, specifically, it didn't feel like home anymore. I'm not really sure why that is, but that's the way of it and that's the way it is and that's the way the cookie crumbles and that's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it uh-huh uh-huh.

Then, after a 12-hour drive, most of which was in freezing rain, back to Monticello we rested for the night then made a 9-hour excursion to Northeastern Mississippi to visit Regina's family. It is enjoyable as always but neither does this feel like home. However, I'm not really sure what home feels like anymore because WE'RE NEVER THERE!!!!! In any event, I'm ready to go home. Home doesn't feel like home either but it's closer than anything we have right now so I'll take it.

I'm so ready to move on to the next, and hopefully last, step in the whole self-definition thing. Regina just graduated a couple weeks ago and I have about 3 semesters left...then we're off to grad school. But to study what? Who knows? I just know that I want to do either instrumental conducting or composition and Regina wants to do either Music History or performance. Real decisive huh? Oh well.

I'm excited over where we are spiritually but aggravated because I know we could be doing so much better than we are. The nice thing is that I have hit that place where I no longer have the desire to commit sin. Sounds kind of lame and very elementary for some but it's a big deal for me. I think Regina lives there which makes it so much easier for me. And of course the children stay there...:) Ah to be pure like a child.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up but we'll add to it before too long.

Pieces out!

3 comments:

  1. Wow David! I am impressed. I am so glad you have a blog now. It is such a great way to keep up on other's happenings.
    I am happy for you and Regina. I love you both and think it is awesome you found each other. I really hope we can hang out more. You should seriously consider school in SA, and you guys can live with us, or on our 9 acres or something. Wouldn't it be sooooo cool?
    Take care, love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we just need to get Nathan and William to start one up. Al is getting one started for them. Mom always says it is a good idea, so who knows, she might even start one up. Pretty soon we will all be connected up to the 21st century:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the black background better, personally. I bet you could find some way cute musical background. You should check out the place i get my backgrounds at, they have TONS.

    ReplyDelete